Interested candidates should submit a resume and 3 professional references to Stonebrook via email at email@example.com
– Food Service Manager
The Food Service Manager is responsible for daily operations of a school kitchen responsible for maintaining systems and procedures for all aspects of the Food Nutrition /School Food Program for which he/she oversees. The manager will ensure that all guidelines, relating to the National School Lunch Program, are adhered to in school, consistently. Stay current with USDA regulations and ensure menus and processes comply with local, state, and federal guidelines at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain process and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food related products, as well as menu planning and development using approved systems and policies per the regulations and guidelines of the National School Lunch Program.
- Manages program within all budgetary guidelines
- Motivates, trains, and manages kitchen staff and vendor relationships
- Provide the necessary tools for the team to perform at satisfactory level.
- Maintain a harmonious working relationship with school team by demonstrating consistent and equitable treatment for all team members consistently in accordance with Stonebrook values.
- Ensures compliance with applicable health regulations and ordinances and that the school is prepared for any state or local board of health inspection.
- Develops budgets and operational financial forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for accounting and documenting accurately all financial components regarding food preparation and service.
- Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met and staff adequately trained.
- Participates in all wellness and nutrition committees and meetings.
- Must spend 80% of workday supporting school food needs.
- Conducts recurring inventory; maintaining compliance records
- Controls all expenses such as food cost, labor cost and operating expenses while providing exceptional customer service.
- Adhere to all company and district policies and ensure that entire team understands and follows them.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with concentration in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business or a related field.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with any academic major AND a state recognized certificate in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, or business.
- Local food safety certification if required in jurisdiction of employment. Must be knowledgeable of all local health and food safety ordinances.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Must be able to communicate electronically through use of email and other similar computer platforms.
- Able to learn new programs easily and quickly.
Other Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Food Service Food Management of K-12 programs required. Strong interest in school nutrition program development.
- Education Culinary background is required – must have a passion and an interest in educational food programs.
- Working knowledge of cooking procedures and recipe adherence and scaling. Experience of Farm to Table kitchens desirable, but not required.
- Must have demonstrated experience developing talent and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, electronically and written with clients, parents, students and support staff.
- Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time